Chief Financial Officer / Controller
Working at Avanti
Avanti is modernizing the legacy financial system and building the bank of the future by integrating legacy finance with cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and our "tokenized dollar" product, Avit.
We see a future where all banks will need to support digital assets and provide meaningful API capabilities to tech-savvy customers. Avanti is already a chartered bank, and we are building toward our launch as a US dollar clearing bank that provides custody services for bitcoin and other digital assets. Our flagship product will be a bank-issued tokenized dollar, allowing for faster, cheaper, and programmable U.S. dollar transactions. Our founders have deep experience in both bitcoin and traditional financial services. If you expect more from existing banks, join our team and help build a better one, from the ground up.
- Build a successful finance function. Ahead of launch, implement our core banking system and develop solid accounting, controls and financial reporting processes (for internal, regulatory and investor reporting). Complete integration work with the Federal Reserve, including account setup and testing. Assist with core banking training of Avanti employees. Assume primary responsibility for forecasting, capital planning, treasury management, accounts payable, payroll processes and tax compliance. Develop and integrate correspondent banking relationships, as appropriate.
- Design and implement an internal control program that meets or exceeds regulatory requirements. Design processes that appropriately separate duties and adhere to Avanti’s policies and procedures, working in conjunction with the head of bank operations. Finalize policies and procedures ahead of launch, and complete training program for directors.
- Establish a regulatory-compliant risk management program. Complete required risk assessments and report findings to the Board of Directors in a timely manner, including insurance and vendor management programs.
- Prepare for the annual supervisory exam to meet Avanti’s goal of no or no material findings.
- Deliver a successful external audit program built on a smooth functioning of the Board’s Audit Committee policies and procedures.
- Must have at least 5 years of direct experience in a CFO, deputy CFO, controller or a similar senior finance role at a U.S. bank.
- Must be tech-savvy and crypto-curious. Experience with digital assets not required.
- Must be an expert in running the back-end of a bank.
- Must be comfortable with a start-up environment whose colleagues primarily work remotely.
- CPA preferred but not required.
Strong preference for Cheyenne, WY; Denver metro area acceptable if willing to commute. U.S.-based remote arrangement possible for the right candidate.