Working at Avanti
Avanti is modernizing the legacy financial system and building the bank of the future by integrating legacy finance with cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and our "tokenized dollar" product, Avit.
We see a future where all banks will need to support digital assets and provide meaningful API capabilities to tech-savvy customers. Avanti is already a chartered bank, and we are building toward our launch as a US dollar clearing bank that provides custody services for bitcoin and other digital assets. Our flagship product will be a bank-issued tokenized dollar, allowing for faster, cheaper, and programmable U.S. dollar transactions. Our founders have deep experience in both bitcoin and traditional financial services. If you expect more from existing banks, join our team and help build a better one, from the ground up.
About the role
A key aspect of this role is to implement solutions that improve our ability to provide exceptional client service. The right candidate will have a mindset to engage with our team (development and operations) - understanding their processes and challenges, evaluating additional opportunities, seeing the big-picture and ultimately helping design a creative solution that will enable our bank to support institutional clients.
To that end, the Business Analyst will partner closely with businesses and product management teams to support the roll out of digital asset products, including our Avit product (akin to a “stablecoin”). This includes engaging across various levels of the organization to identify problems and collaboratively define requirements and process changes/solutions, as appropriate. The Business Analyst will also help support the development of our internal onboarding system.
The Business Analyst supports multiple lines of businesses on projects building and improving the software infrastructure. They help build workflow specifications that ensure businesses receive the right data for analytics, and internal and external reporting.
This role requires an understanding of banking products, operations and system functionality, as well as a basic understanding of how blockchains work. Candidates must be results-oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with stakeholders at various levels.
What You'll Do As a Business Analyst
- Analyze current state and future state
- Work with our banking and development teams to document and refine requirements for digital asset products, information reporting 9including customer statements and tax), security and fraud, alerts, and bank administration
- Perform data analysis and process design activities at the operational and organizational level
- Coordinate the efforts of internal technical and non-technical staff, and of key business users for each initiative
- Work with the business to come up with solutions for process improvements
- Engage and direct business partners and subject matter experts to identify priorities and scope for medium business problems
- Provide assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements
- Plan and execute user acceptance testing
- Collaborate with management to ensure timely and successful resolution of project issues
- Support project planning and managing of business team deliverables
- Attend/Coordinate/Lead meetings as required
- Support production reporting systems
Additional Responsibilities Include
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.)
- Adhere to Bank policies and procedures
- Complete required training
- 8 - 10+ years of business analysis experience
- Professional and personable communication skills across multiple channels, such as email, phone, chat, and meetings
- Excellent organizational, planning, and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and handle competing deadlines
- A team orientation to go beyond explicitly stated job duties to further team and company objectives
- Project/program management experience relating to technology deployment (e.g. RPA or other emerging technologies).
- Four Year degree or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications