Bank Operations Analyst
Working at Avanti
Avanti is modernizing the legacy financial system and building the bank of the future by integrating legacy finance with cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and our "tokenized dollar" product, Avit.
We see a future where all banks will need to support digital assets and provide meaningful API capabilities to tech-savvy customers. Avanti is already a chartered bank, and we are building toward our launch as a US dollar clearing bank that provides custody services for bitcoin and other digital assets. Our flagship product will be a bank-issued tokenized dollar, allowing for faster, cheaper, and programmable U.S. dollar transactions. Our founders have deep experience in both bitcoin and traditional financial services. If you expect more from existing banks, join our team and help build a better one, from the ground up.
About the role
- Perform timely and accurate daily reconciliation of out-of-balance items.
- Perform timely and accurate items clearing through the Federal Reserve, core banking system and, if applicable, correspondent banks.
- Liaise with compliance for operational functions, including BSA and OFAC, with a goal of no or no material findings on regulatory exams.
- Assist in timely response to customer inquiries. Timely escalation and resolution of customer [issues] as needed.
- Adhere to internal review/release procedures for wires, with the goal of no or few customer complaints, and provide assistance in improving our internal review/release processes to achieve that goal.
- Perform back-up and support roles for senior operations and finance team.
- Must have at least 3 years of direct experience in a bank operations role at a U.S. bank.
- Must be fluent in payment activities such as wires and ACH processes.
- Must be tech-savvy and crypto-curious. Experience with digital assets not required.
- Must be comfortable with a start-up environment whose colleagues primarily work remotely, except that bank operations team will work on-premises.
Cheyenne, WY (may live in southeast Wyoming or northeast Colorado, including north Denver metro area if willing to commute)